Fire Risk Assessment

SafeTay Fire Safety Consultancy is a small independent business that specialises in Fire Risk Assessments and Fire Safety Training for businesses and their employees.

Why do you need a Fire Risk Assessment?

The Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 states that fire safety in the work place falls directly under the remit of the owners/employers and it is their responsibility to elect a responsible person is to carry out a suitable and sufficient Fire Risk Assessment of the premises for the safety of all persons frequenting the premises.

Who requires a Fire Risk Assessment?

Virtually all premises, with the exception of domestic premises, require a Fire Risk Assessment. For example, Care Homes, Residential Homes, Sheltered Housing, Hospices, Hospitals, Assisted Caring Premises, Schools, Nurseries, Universities, Colleges, Hotels, B&Bs, Self-Catering Premises, Hostels, Holiday Parks, Houses in Multiple Occupation, Public Houses, Bars, Restaurants, Cafes, Nightclubs, Cinemas, Theatres, Concert and Festivals Halls/Arenas, Child Entertainment Venues, Community and Recreation Centres, Sports Arenas/Grounds, Marquees, Tents, Offices, Shops and Factories all fall into this category. This list is not exhaustive and there are also premises which may be exempt. Advice should therefore be sought if you are unclear as to whether or not your premise requires a Fire Risk Assessment.

Legislation requires that information relating to the Fire Risk Assessment and to fire safety arrangements are to be recorded where;

  • 5 or more employees are employed
  • The premises are subject to licensing or registration
  • An alterations notice has been issued requiring this

Please contact us for further information or a free quote